Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ocean Week

February 24-28, 2014

This week we had a lot of fun learning about the different creatures that live in the ocean!

Octopus Craft-2 teaching mommies
Rainbow Fish-brilliant bundles

We Blew Bubbles Like Little Fish!
Just put some dish soap and water in a bowl and let the kids blow through a straw :)
They could get the bubbles to go pretty high. 
We grew some Sea Creatures then used them in our Under the Sea pictures!
 
I was surprised how long the kids sat and watched the animals grow, it took about 15 minutes.  They loved trying to guess what kind of animal it would be.
 I made some sand for the pictures out of granulated sugar.  I just put a few drops of each color (red, yellow, green, and blue) in the sugar and it made a nice sandy brown color!
Free printable Fish Puzzles and Matching game-3 Dinosaurs
I made some foam fish for some fine motor practice with marbles. I got the inspiration from rockabye butterfly
Sea Shell Matching Game-nurturing learning
Another game we did-I would show them a picture of a sea creature then they would try to act like it.  I just Googled pictures of sea creatures and showed it to the kids on my I-Pad.  The kids were fascinated with the real photographs of the animals!

You can follow me on Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment