Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Week

March 10-14, 2014

It's one week before the official first day of spring and right now all the trees are in bloom and everything is starting to turn green. So, I wanted to do Spring Activities before all the blooms on the trees fell off!

We talked about how plants grow and did this little experiment from growing a jeweled rose to show that  flowers need water :)
It took only a few hours for the Carnation to have red in it's petals, while the other flowers took a day.  Next time I do this, I will only use carnations.  The kids loved checking the flowers through out the day and seeing the colors get more vibrant.  The younger ones would point and say," flowers drinking". :)

We painted Tulips with Forks, an idea I found on blog me mom 
We made a popcorn blossom tree.  There are a lot of trees with white blooms on them, in fact my boys call them popcorn trees... how could I resist?!
We talked a bit about birds and that in the spring time they build nest, lay eggs and the eggs hatch into baby birds!  We made our own nest-went outside and found some twigs, leaves, and weeds. Idea from preschool play book
Added some shredded paper and a few eggs
Then added a little bird!
I also used some of the worksheets from this Spring Fling Packet from ironic adventures

You can follow me on Pinterest!






No comments:

Post a Comment