Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Week

February 10-14, 2014

With Valentine's Day Friday, our week was filled with lots of love, hearts, pink and red!

We talked about what love is and how we can show our love.  I brought out the play kitchen and we played "House".  We talked about our families and how we can show our family that we love them by helping them.  We made a pretend dinner, set the table, ate, then cleaned up and did the dishes.
I printed off some pictures of their family and had them decorate it with stickers.
I stuck hearts around the room, had the kids find them, then we counted them, matched the pairs, and did some patterns.  I found the idea for this at nurture store
 
We Painted with celery-it was supposed to make a heart shape stamp, but didn't turn out too good.
 
Some independent activities we did were a valentine's day water beads sensory bin.
 
I put some marbles and heart containers with a spoon and ice cube tray in a bowl.
Beads, valentine erasers, numbered heart containers and tongs.
I photo copied the erasers for a matching game.
 
We sorted and graphed conversation hearts with this free printable I found at teaching-tiny-tots.
 
I also found a free valentine themed worksheet packet at 2 teaching mommies
I saw this adorable Valentine idea at Life is Sweet and had to make them!

The kids loved that Valentine's was the whole week instead of just one day!  I hope everyone had a fun Valentine's Day!

You can follow me on Pinterest












No comments:

Post a Comment